Thursday 30 April 2009

Manifesto

1. What I used to be:

I used to be a lot more lazier than what I am now; always leaving things until the last minute and procrastinating. Also quite dismissive of other peoples work and also of their opinions if I didn't like their work in the first place. I was also too careful with my approach to design and didn't ever like being pushed out of my comfort zone. My time management was appalling, although somehow I was always confident that I would be able to pull something out of the bag and make whatever I was doing... work.

2. What I am now:

Nowadays, I am much more informed and aware that experimentation and inspiration are the key to developing as a designer. Other peoples opinions are also invaluable, even if I don't always like what I hear initially. My time management is a lot better, although I still have a way to go I think before I become truly efficient... I definitely understand that I can't pull something out of the bag all of the time. It just doesn't work like that.

3. First thing that I intend to become:

More routine with my sleeping patterns and efficient with my time management.

4. Second thing that I intend to become:

Respected for my skills and for my opinions on design.

5. Third thing that I intend to become:

Employable and the best that I know I can be.



Simple in theory, tougher in practice. I will get there.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment